Mutuality of obligation
We operate as an ‘over-arching’ Contract of Employment; this is to maintain continuity of employment.We treat all income paid to you from Us as earnings of employment of the worker by deducting full PAYE from these earnings.
We have a contractual obligation to guarantee a minimum number of hours of work in any 12-month period. The acceptable number of hours guaranteed in an over-arching contract to satisfy HMRC on this point is 336 hours.
We have the statutory obligations contain reference to paid holiday entitlement, sick pay, maternity and paternity pay.Our pay slips show clear illustrations including full PAYE is deducted from workers’ earnings.
We have hold Professional Indemnity, Employers Liability and Public Liability insurance.
Platinum Umbrella Ltd
Platinum Umbrella is registered in England & Wales, we are an Independent and not a member of a group of companies. We are registered and trade in the UK. All workers through our umbrella company are subject to an overarching contract of employment.
We understand that it is essential for you to be fully compliant with all of the latest working regulations and legislations. Due to the frequent amendments and the introduction of new legislation; it can be a mind-field to keep up-to-date with all of the changes. We are always ready to help you to keep you up-to-date with the requirements..
We Ensure That:
• We do not provide any scheme that promotes tax avoidance
• We do not use any tax scheme that is ‘DOTAS’ Registered
• We are not engaged with Offshore arrangements
• We do not give referral fees to individual consultants
Platinum Umbrella works round the year for the clients, agencies and employees. The payroll process begins as soon as you join as an employee and the last PAYE information is run through or system.
We do not offer:
• Schemes that offer loans or similar ‘tax deferral’ arrangements.
• Schemes that pay via a non-taxable advance
• Schemes that use a myriad of companies to circumvent the rules on the Employment Allowance and the Flat Rate VAT scheme.
• Accountancy advice offering ‘MSC’ type arrangements where the ‘accountant’ dictates how a contractor structures the remuneration taken from multiple PSCs.